7800 South 25th Street
Omaha, NE 68147-2125
Phone: (531) 299-1220
Fax: (402) 734-5609
Principal: Angie Burns
OPS Strive for 95 - this video promotes the importance of student attendance https://youtu.be/Nx3z3B-leBo
Where Cougars R.O.A.R.
Respect Others Accept Responsibility
New learning packets are available for students enrolled in elementary school and students who receive special education services. They are posted on our academic resources webpage, which is linked here. We have expanded and centralized many of our digital resources to engage students from early childhood through high school. Those digital resources are available by clicking here. Your student’s teacher(s) and principal are here for you as well. If you have not yet heard from your student’s teacher, please contact your school principal by email.
Meal Support for our Community
On Monday, April 6 at 11 a.m., Omaha Public Schools will again provide grab-and-go packages with meals for students. Four locations will participate:
Benson High (5120 Maple Street)
Gateway Elementary (5610 South 42nd Street)
Skinner Magnet (4304 North 33rd Street)
South High (4519 South 24th Street)
With a focus on health and safety, families will drive through to pick up food. One package with five breakfast meals and one package with five lunch meals will be available per student/child in the vehicle. We hope to continue this service depending on the health conditions and guidance in our community. If additional dates will be available, we will communicate those weekly.
Food Bank for the Heartland hosts drive-through food distributions across the community. Several pantry partners also provide food for community members.
Chandler View School Improvement Plan
19-20 Growth Goal
· Increase the % of students who are identified as “On-Track” or “College and Career Ready” by 6.7% on the NSCAS
· Increase the % of students who are identified as “On-Track” or “College and Career Ready” by 6.3% on the NSCAS
· Increase the % of students identified as “At” or “Above” the grade level norm by 5%
· Increase the number of students in the “Not Chronic” domain by 2% These students will miss no more than 9 days the entire academic year and meet the goal of STRIVE FOR 95.
· Increase the use of Effective Classroom Practices and school wide use of specific positive feedback as measured on the SAS and TFI by 10%
· Increase the physical activity for students by increasing the number of available opportunities
· Improve staff and student knowledge of healthy eating choices by participating in FFVP
Professional Development Focus Areas
1. Implement guaranteed and viable curriculum across subject areas
2. MTSS-B implementation
Click here to access the full CV School Improvement Plan document.
Title I Schoolwide Plan
click to read the entire plan
Click here for…
Omaha Public Schools Bond Program
OPS Bond Events
Common Sense Media Blog
Awarded in 2017
Awarded in 2009
Certified in 2017-18